Sunday, July 9, 2017


ON MUSING

                       I gaze into my mind until I find
                       A notion that will set my pen in motion
                       Then see which way my poem is inclined,
                        Like sailing off into the vasty ocean
                        Propelled by lusty gusts of inspiration
                        Wafting me where I never thought I’d go,
                        All generated by the act of contemplation
                        Stirring ideas I never knew I’d know;
                        Instead of starting out intent to state
                        A proposition I’ve already thought,
                        I’ll see what these exigencies create
                        Discovering what I never knew I sought,
                             Depending on the kindness of my Muse
                             To send me inspiration, hints, and clues.









*