Friday, July 28, 2017


EXCUSES

                     If only I’d been looking when she ran …
                     If only I’d been with another man . . .
                     If only I had thought the problem through …
                     If only I had never married you …
                     If only circumstances had allowed …
                     If only I were amply endowed . . .
                     If only it had been a warmer season …
                     If only you had had a better reason …
                     If only you’d remembered what I’d said …
                     If only there were nothing more to dread …
                      If only what she said were always clear …
                      If only all this junk would disappear …
                      If only I could be appreciative . . .
                      Then I might settle down and truly live.








*