Saturday, July 15, 2017



MASTICATION

                    Oh, what a pleasant thing it is to chew,
                    Especially while I ruminate to write,
                    As I am doing now as I construe,
                    Nibbling on my pen-cap for insight.
                    I also have a sandwich by my chair
                    And slivers of an apple neatly cut
                    So while I’m cogitating, I’ll reach there
                    For something to gnaw on till I find what
                    Will best extenuate my line of thought
                    And lead me to my aptest ending place,
                    Discovering what it was that I had sought:
                    A tasteful tidbit made with style and grace,
                          Which I’ll now leave for you to ponder on it,
                          Sinking your teeth into this tasty sonnet.








*