Sunday, January 3, 2016


 THE GIFT

                    One day in my first year away at college
                    It seemed my mind accessed a higher knowledge,
                    An ecstasy of insight into All,
                    Enlightening my mind before my fall
                    Back into ordinary consciousness
                   That left me vaguely able to express
                   Before that visionary moment waned
                   The marvel of the insight I’d attained.

                   All that remains, five decades afterwards,
                   Enhanced by what occult research affords,
                   Is my conviction that a human mind
                   Can travel to a hidden realm divined
                   By an extraordinary subtle shift
                   Attained not by intent, but as a gift.








*