Tuesday, January 5, 2016


AFFLATUS

                         Of wonderings and profundities I sing
                         On my best days, to make the welkin ring,
                         Though they be far between; on other days
                         Like this, my errant Muse, lackluster, strays
                         And, at the best, a ditty may perform,
                         An exercise, till bright ideas swarm.

                         Another day, I hope, a verse with verve
                         That higher estimation may deserve
                         Will animate my less lackluster brain,
                         Showing no evidence of mental strain
                         But rather the spontaneous overflow
                         Arising from noetic depths below
                         Of notions preternaturally inspired
                         Soaring above where I now lie enmired.










*