Sunday, July 10, 2016


SYMPHONY

                    A symphony’s an edifice of sound
                    Designed to keep its auditors all bound
                    Within the measures that compose
                    Its form, captivated, heads to toes.

                    Beethoven was the master I first met
                    Before my AM radio could get
                    More than pop music on the weekly charts
                    Meant to alleviate love-stricken hearts.

                    A family friend lent me the symphonies
                    Of Beethoven, which brought me to my knees
                    In awed delight at its majestic sweep
                    Of sound, from lyrical to dark and deep.

                        From that time on, I opened to a realm
                        Of sound that can exalt and overwhelm.









*