Tuesday, July 12, 2016


RHYME’S REASON

                    I write the poems I write because I love
                    To sit and listen to the pulsing sounds
                    That bring me meaning from the depths and prove                
                     Felicitous by staying within bounds.

                    I do not write for fame and lasting glory;
                    To aim for that would turn me from my Muse,
                    For I am bound to listen to what story
                    Emerges from within through whispered clues.

                   Nor do I write to argue for a cause
                   Or say a thing I fully comprehend,
                   Enunciating universal laws;
                   Instead, I write to see where I will end.

                       Where I will end is always a surprise,
                       For reasons only rhymes can realize.