Friday, July 1, 2016


IMAGINATION

                    To see the most important things, I need
                    To close my eyes, for then what I can heed
                    Is what imagination might reveal
                    That by my artistry I may make real.

                    This poem is just such an artifact
                    That’s latent in my brain until unpacked
                    By my attending to what comes to mind
                    And seeing how my notions are inclined.

                     Without the vital impetus of rhyme,
                     I’d never find the novelties that I’m
                     Bestowed with by the Muse, who gives me clues
                     And resonant alternatives to choose.

                         While free verse may be easier to write,
                         Bound verse creates more resonant delight.









*