Thursday, June 18, 2015




THE SONNET TEST

               Lumosity is offering a test
               For measuring the aptness of my brain
               And whether it’s performing at its best
               Or showing signs of weakness or of strain.

               I’m thinking that I’ll prove my mental mettle
               By simply sitting here to write a sonnet,
               Which ought to show my mind is in good fettle
               And that, faced with a challenge, I’m right on it.

               So far so good: the octave’s rounded out
               And now we take a turn to bring it home
               Having made clear what topic it’s about
               While meeting all the measures of this poem.

                    The couplet is the clincher to make sure
                    That it’s not only bright but will endure.









*