Sunday, June 28, 2015


BUMMER

               Odd thoughts are milling round inside my head
               As I seek something needing to be said
               Because I’m in my morning writing mode
               And searching for some scene or episode:

               Perhaps some recent happening to relate
               Or some conundrum I might contemplate
               Or an old theme I should revisit now
               Unfurrowing at last my wrinkled brow.

               Turn where I may, no subject suitable
               Appears that might have grown beautiful
               If rendered carefully in well-wrought verse,
               But this my Muse refuses to disburse.

                    No help for it, no easing of my sorrow,
                    But count on this: I shall be back tomorrow.








*