Tuesday, May 17, 2016

AUBADE II

                    It’s not as though there’s nothing new to say
                    And that in writing poems I’ve said it all,
                    As I have demonstrated every day
                    By answering my eager Muse’s call,
                    For sitting, musing, much comes to my mind,
                    New themes and novel topics to explore
                    From which a sonnet’s form may be designed
                    To say what I have never said before.
                    Each poem begun becomes an eager quest
                    To find how sound and sense may best cohere,
                    And when they do, I feel profoundly blessed
                    As what I’m aiming to find out grows clear.
                         The couplet at the end serves to conclude
                         ‘Twixt night and day, my morning’s interlude.








*