Tuesday, May 23, 2017

MIND REACH

                    This entity, this ego that is I

                     Did it exist before my body’s birth,
                     And will it then continue when I die
                     In Heaven above, or back here on this Earth?
                     While ancient tales and scriptures proclaim Yes,
                     There is no scientific certainty,
                      And we are left to speculate and guess,
                      Perplexed forever by this quandary.
                      So, for my comfort, I’ll proceed as though
                      Once this life’s over, there’s another round
                      And then another, so my soul may grow
                      Eventually discovering where it’s bound.
                           My mission now is to explore and find
                           The furthest reaches of my fervid mind.









*