Monday, May 29, 2017


ILLUMINATION

                      What have I in me yet to realize
                      Of my innate potentialities
                      To let incipient sapience grow wise
                      And manifest its possibilities?

                      It’s only by attending to my soul
                      As I do now in circumspect repose
                     That I may fuse my fragments in one whole
                      That will my true identity disclose

                      By proving me a Maker of repute,
                      Not merely a mundane verse-crafting hack,
                      But capable of poetry astute
                      And sonorous, a Muse-inspired knack.

                           A sonnet’s more than just a pretty room
                           And may at best one’s very soul illume.









*