Friday, May 26, 2017

ARTISAN

                     I am foremost, I think, an artisan,
                     A maker in both words and images,
                     Whose business is to do the best I can
                     To add to all the beauty there now is,
                     In recompense for what has nourished me,
                     Hoping that with my work my skills will grow,
                    And thus it is each day religiously
                    I line out morning verses row by row,
                    And when I walk our dogs, my camera
                    Accompanies us, unholstered in a trice
                    To capture a true scene or a chimera,
                    A marvelous and felicitous device,
                    A means by which a poem that I’ve made
                     May be illustriously displayed.







*