Sunday, April 17, 2016

BOUND TO BE FREE

                    What is my religion, that to which
                    I’m bound, those principles by which I live,
                    Intended to ensure my life is rich
                    Not in what I’ve acquired, but have to give?

                    It’s charity, a caring for all others,
                    Whose needs are as important as my own
                    Because we all are sisters and are brothers,
                    Each with a feeling heart and not a stone.

                    Or so it should be, if we would behave
                    As all our wise ones have exhorted us,
                    For enmity and envy will enslave
                    Our souls, making our future ominous.

                        Our liberty then lies in being free:
                        The soul of love is liberality.








*