Wednesday, March 2, 2016


SONNETEER

                    Is who I am who I was meant to be?
                    Was I implanted with a destiny
                    My course of life’s intended to fulfill
                    According to some supernatural will?

                    Is there some hidden implicate design
                    With which my soul’s expected to align?
                    If so, then I suppose my calling is
                    To do what I am doing writing this.

                    For years now I’ve begun most every day
                    Discovering what the Muse would have me say
                    And capturing it in verse that makes a song
                    Precisely fourteen lines of iambs long.

                        The evidence of this is plainly here:
                        That I’m essentially a sonneteer.









*