Tuesday, April 11, 2017


GYMNASTIC VERSE

                    My highest calling now is to create,
                   To exercise my art in poetry,  

                   By sitting as I do to contemplate
                   How meter, matter, sound and sense agree
                   While I depict the subjects on my mind
                   Discovering, as way leads on to way,
                   How novel artifacts may be designed
                   That sense and sensibility display.
                   Without the challenge of this daunting form,
                   I’d not be prompted to discoveries;
                   Such provocations set ideas a-swarm,
                   Which is one of life’s happy mysteries.
                        A couplet here will make this poem complete,
                        This tumbling gymnast landing on his feet.








*