Wednesday, February 15, 2017


INTERLUDE

                      Happily, I have this interlude
                      Most every morning just to sit and brood
                      And add to my accumulating batch
                      To see if yet another verse will hatch
                      Of poems for this year’s Verse Chronolog
                      Before it’s time to take the dogs to shog
                      Along their morning walk in Baldwin Park

                      Their always much-anticipated lark.

                      It suits well, then, that so pedestrian
                      A topic such as this should ‘scape my pen;
                      Tomorrow, though, may inspiration flow
                      Into my torpid brain so I may show
                      That I have something with more wit to say,
                      Although such inspiration failed today.










*