Sunday, January 1, 2017


VOCATION

                    My calling now is writing poetry,
                    Since my career in teaching is curtailed,
                    And in this mode I find insight and glee
                    And have at times my auditors regaled.


                    I can imagine going on the road
                    And giving readings as I have before
                     In hopes of accolades to be bestowed
                     That would encourage me to write yet more.


                     But if I simply stay at home and write
                     And post upon my blog a daily verse,
                     As is my wont, I’ll take in that delight
                     And by that means my poetry disburse.


                          As now, within an hour this sonnet will
                          Appear, and years from now may be here still.








*