Friday, December 30, 2016


 I LIVE IN THIS

                    Still searching for my soul to know its fate,
                    Once my mortality has taken me
                    Beyond this earthly garden’s temporal gate
                    Into what’s often called Eternity,
                    I ponder what, if aught, may lie ahead,
                    Hoping that new adventures are in store,
                    Perhaps in heavenly realms of which I’ve read
                    Once crossing over to the other shore.
                    Although there’s speculation of all kinds,
                    No one has yet discovered evidence
                    That once our bodies die yet still our minds
                    Remain to live again as recompense.
                         Uncertain, though, of this, I’ll leave this poem
                         And others, too, as my abiding home.









*