Saturday, November 26, 2016


       YET TO BE                   

                    Retirement’s not a time simply to rest,
                    But to wake up to possibilities
                    As yet not realized because the best
                    Is yet to be, with joyful days to seize.

                    It bodes more time to read and think and write,
                    To exercise my creativity
                    And find more ways to cultivate delight,
                    Letting things in me latent come to be.

                   And now, my record of experience
                   Gives me a bank of memories to recount
                   And mysteries out of which I may make sense
                   Then even drink, I hope of wisdom’s fount.

                        For what’s our end if not to realize
                        Our Homo sapience by growing wise?









*