Monday, August 8, 2016


WHAT’S TO DO

                    It’s close now to when I should be retired:
                    It’s clear some faculties are fading out.
                    Perhaps too many brain cells have expired,
                    Although there are some feats I still can tout.


                    I still produce a poem every day,
                    And surely that displays cognitive skill,
                    And such a feat may hold decay at bay
                    And more effectively than some nerve pill.


                    Since I’m forgetful and repetitive
                    While teaching class, it may be best to leave,
                    Attending more to what I yet can give,
                    Not hoping for miraculous reprieve.


                         I’ll concentrate on where I still have strength,
                         Scribing my scroll of poems to greater length.








*