Sunday, May 29, 2016


STILL LIFE, WITH A PUP

                    Now Tiggy’s snugged beside me in a snooze
                    As we both occupy my easy chair,
                    And little does she know she is my Muse
                    As I seek something striking to declare,
                    Though in this state of mutual repose
                    The aptest attitude is being serene;
                    I have no stirring drama to disclose
                    And musing cannot constitute a scene.
                    Forget theatrics, then; another art
                    Is what I practice on this filling page:
                    Contemplative communion with my heart,
                    Not histrionic actions on a stage.
                         And little Tig’s still here, deep in her doze,
                         Which I have honored now, and so will close.









*