Saturday, August 1, 2015


SONNETEERING II

                    It’s memories, reflections, dreams that spark
                    My impulse every day to write a verse
                    While sitting in the morning’s semi-dark
                    Alert for what my Muse brings to disburse.

                   At times like this, it’s nothing better than
                   Reflections on the process that I use;
                   When things go better, though, I sometimes can
                   Authentically invoke the bashful Muse,

                   Surprising me with some original,
                   Engaging topic to investigate
                  And worthy of a sonnet’s musical
                  Devices as a way to contemplate.

                      Tomorrow, I shall hope, that is the case;
                      Today’s won’t even make it to first base.







*